SCAFA’s Pro-Pastry program is a full-time pastry-only program, for students seeking professional pastry skills and certification. The program teaches comprehensive skills in the following areas: bread, pastry, amuse-bouche, baking, cakes, hot and cold desserts.
Key features of the program are:
- Pro-Pastry students work on their own and every student completes each session’s requirements by the end of the class.
- The Pro-Pastry program is a 450-hour program that is dedicated to teaching baking.
- SCAFA ensures a Teacher-Pupil Ratio of 1:6. Whenever there are more than 6 students in the class, the school will ensure the presence of a second teacher so that each student gets the individual attention necessary for a professional culinary program.
- Ingredients, equipment, and supplies needed for each class are included in the course fee and provided to each student individually at the beginning of the class.
- Classes for the Pro-Pastry program take place every Sunday to Thursday, from 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM
SCAFA’s Pro-Pastry certificate attested by the KHDA (Knowledge & Human Development Authority of Dubai) certification & City & Guilds 8065-03 Level 2 Diploma in Food Prep and Cooking (Patisserie)
The program is open to all students and will cover the following areas:
|Week 1||– Food Safety
– Weights, measures, scaling, and conversions
|Week 1 & 2||– Basic artisan and ethnic bread|
|Week 3||– Practical baking techniques|
|Week 4||– Pastry doughs, pies, sauces, and fillings|
|Week 5||– Cream, custards and icing|
|Week 6||– Soufflés and frozen desserts|
|Week 7 – 8||– Specialty cakes, gateaux, and torte|
|Week 9||– Chocolate|
|Week 10||– Sugar Work|
|Week 11||– Amuse Bouche|
|Week 12 – 13||– Plating and presentation styles|
- Start Course: 08/03/2021
- Duration: 3 months
- Prerequisites: No
- Skill Level: intermediate