The Part-time professional program ideal for full-time employed individuals. Morning & Evening classes available. The Home Pro Program is a 3-month program to help students who are holding full-time jobs or cannot participate in a full-time culinary education program, but who love the craft and are keen to pursue a culinary career.
Key features of the program are:
- The program is delivered through 36-39 intensive classes, 3 times a week in the (twice in the evening (Sundays and Tuesdays) and once on the weekend (Saturdays)).
- The condensed program is derived from the professional program and covers many of the same cooking techniques as covered in the full-time professional kitchen program.
- Students pursuing this program are expected to practice whatever they learn in class at home to attain the same level of hands-on experience as the full-time professional program students.
- The program focuses on teaching all the fundamental techniques for cooking and food handling and prepares students to become professional chefs suitable for entry-level positions (commis) in any restaurant kitchen globally.
- The Home-Pro program leads up to a City & Guilds Level 2 Certification (additional fee). Students who complete this program are also eligible to receive a certification attested by the Govt. of Dubai’s KHDA upon passing the final assessment (additional fee).
The program covers the following areas:
|Week 1||– Knife skills & emulsions
– Food safety & hygiene
|Week 2||– Stocks & thickeners
– Food science
|Week 3||– Vegetable & eggs
|Week 4||– Starches
– Mother sauces
|Week 5||– Poultry
– Poultry production
|Week 6||– Fish & shellfish
– Fishing & sea farming
|Week 7||– Red meat
|Week 8||– Baking
– Flour, yeast & bread making
|Week 9||– Pastry
– Pastry techniques
|Week 10||– Desserts
– Design & plating of desserts
|Week 11 – 13||– Cuisines of the world|
- Start Course: 04/10/2021
- Duration: 3 Months (40 classes)
- Prerequisites: No